Ramblings about living a healthy lifestyle while living with a chronic illness. Written by a retired SURGICAL PATHOLOGIST with Cystic Fibrosis, who is living the REST of her life studying and teaching WELLNESS.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Why Am I Doing This?

I renamed this blog today...it is now PATHOLOGIC HEALTH.  I think it's rather catchy.  The reason, of course, is that I write about "wellness" related subjects from the perspective of one who is both a pathologist and, pathologic (i.e. there is a significant pathology named cystic fibrosis that I live with day in and day out).  Many would say I harbor other pathologies, but I'm going to ignore them.
Cystic fibrosis, for those of you who don't know, is not a friendly disease to have.  I don't want this blog to be about CF, though, so if you want to learn about my lifelong 'opportunity', go to www.CFF.org
Instead, I am going to write about being well, even when you are sick.  It sounds wrong, I know.  But another thing I know is that I live a healthy lifestyle and because of that (and other factors out of my control) I do extremely well living a relatively normal life with a nasty, often devastating illness.
I am a wellness coach now.  I coach people who have health problems to live the healthiest that they can.  So I will write about what comes up in my coaching world and in areas that interest me such as:
motivation
fatigue
exercise
nutrition
stress management
exercise
parenting when you are ill
weight loss/gain
exercise
meditation
antioxidants
exercise
...you get the point.
That's all for now.  Stay tuned as my son, Phoenix, and I figure out how to put videos of specific exercises for those people in the Stanford/Lucille Packard Children's Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Exercise Program into this blog.

No comments: